TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Timing is calibrated yes, its perfect at 15 deg
People Seeking Info

Subject Timing is calibrated yes, its perfect at 15 deg

Posted by dTb on August 27, 2016 at 4:33 PM
  This message has been viewed 232 times.

In Reply To Is i somewhat tuned or are yoou on the basemap still? posted by kickerzx on August 27, 2016 at 01:58 AM

Message In the haltech ecu manager i locked the timing and checked with a light at the coil pack.

The map is somewhat tuned... I have tweaked the base map only for cold and hot starts, and all the basic stuff like injector flow rates, idle control etc. Car runs pretty good. The idle control needs work as its not idling at my commanded idle speeds in the ecu. I will try plugging the suction hose to the air regulator valve to see if its dumping there, thank you for that idea! I have also checked the check valves to the brake and power steering system and replaced a bunch of hoses, no leaks there...

I will rev the engine and take a look at the turbines to make sure both sides are spinning freely.

I am getting good AFRs throughout my RPM band so i am assuming my timing map is good, i dont want to mess around with that too much until i can get on a dyno.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.