TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I haven't put a stethescope on it
People Seeking Info

Subject I haven't put a stethescope on it

Posted by BlackholeZ on August 25, 2016 at 2:12 PM
  This message has been viewed 176 times.

In Reply To I'd pull the engine and do it while it's on a stand, I can't posted by Tanley (ATL) on August 25, 2016 at 12:01 PM

Message It's a deeper down tap, and bearings/rings are one of the few things I didn't do when I put the motor inn. Oil pressure is fine, which is why I'm not panicking. I like to plan ahead and know what everything that's going to be involved, part of why I like this site so much.
I did my TT swap in essentially a weekend, and took only about 3 months to collect all the parts. Knowing what to expect ahead of time has factored heavily into my being able to have a TT Z as an only car.

I've got access to a full machine shop of precision tools, so I'll definitely be measuring everything carefully. I'd also be using plastigage to check the bearings before assembly.

Would you have the link to your post on the thrust bearing?

-Dan
VTC Solenoid Caps and install instructions.

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse."
"'she' also likes to swap since I think I am going to need to give her to woody again." - Dvlhntr
"full alphabetic boost mode" -
ChristopherTheOne

" Purrs like a sexually satisfied black panther." - BigTDogg
"Two oil eating, angry, spinning triangles of death." - turtleboy on rotary engines

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.