TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - No boost on new build
People Seeking Info

Subject No boost on new build

Posted by dTb on August 23, 2016 at 7:14 PM
  This message has been viewed 416 times.

Message Looking for help from the experts... Over the past couple years i have been putting together a pretty solid build... GTX2863 turbos, MSP mani's, full 3 in exhaust, built long block, 1000cc injectors, haltech platinum pro ecu, gauge art display, dual widebands, the list goes on.

The Haltech comes with a base map that is pretty good, just needed to enter in the injector info and tweak a couple of parameters in the fuel map to get her running well.

My AFR's are correct, my base timing is correct, I have boost leak checked everything (and i mean everything, I machined a custom boost leak adapter set that allows me to check all the pipes at 20+ psi, including the turbos themselves), my wastegates are balanced and dont start cracking until around 15psi...

yet i have no boost. If i floor it in 2nd or 3rd gear, i get 0 boost until around 5500 rpm, then the boost kicks in and i will get around 6psi of boost by 7k rpm. From what i have been reading, this is a wastegate issue or a really bad boost leak. I have eliminated these possibilities and now i am wondering if my tune is messed up or cam timing is off or something else.

Does anybody have experience with this type of issue?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.