TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: There are probably hundreds of post on starting trouble but
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: There are probably hundreds of post on starting trouble but

Posted by aretwodetwo on August 18, 2016 at 9:28 PM
  This message has been viewed 209 times.

In Reply To There are probably hundreds of post on starting trouble but posted by YlwPrlZTT on August 18, 2016 at 08:12 PM

Message first P: engine base timing, i have just done the 120k with about everything available from nissan to include with the kit after I rebuilt the engine. to follow up, i just rebuilt the engine, and it was sitting for 15 years BEFORE the engine was rebuilt by me. back to 1st P.. i checked base timing, tdc on cylinder number 1 and checked the marks on the back of the timing cover as well as counted the teeth between the cams and crank.. it all checked out great. 2nd part of the first P relates to ignition timing which i can not physically set because the fact that i cant even get the thing to idle. besides that it seems 15 degrees btdc is around the center area of the three bolts so after i got a new CAS i just set it at the center, apart from that i had a friend turn the CAS while i was cranking it and it did not seem to help at all.
2nd P: fuel pressure! i hooked up an inline gauge to the feed of the engine just after the fuel filter and it reads at just above 40psi when the key is ON.

3rd P: i do not have a boost leak tester but when the engine went back into its home it went in with everything on the turbo relating to hose clamps and worm clamps were very tight. i have redone the EGR and AIV system my self and double checked the routing of my EGR and AIV system, everything looked great. ill make sure to put a boost leak tester on my list of things to get.

4th P: spark plugs! i replaced those before the engine went back in with NGK platinums which are the exact same ones that are supposed to be the spec for the 300zx twin turbo. and i gapped them to spec and torqued them to spec.

5th P: compression test, the rings were replaced on a stock rebuild that i preformed myself and i dont think doing a compression test would yield any sort of correct results as im pretty sure you have to let the rings seat before getting a proper reading.

6th P: I have no check engine codes and i have a data connector and my computer is running Nissan Datascan. the ecu shows rpm input, correct fuel temp, coolant temp, i can active test on the fuel pump.

any other questions feel free to ask.

by the way my air filter is the Z1 motorsports cone intake with a new maf rebuilt and bought from CZP.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.