TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Wits end here. Z stalls when blipping throttle at idle.
People Seeking Info

Subject Wits end here. Z stalls when blipping throttle at idle.

Posted by Captconan on July 29, 2016 at 9:38 PM
  This message has been viewed 462 times.

Message Well, I'm pretty much out of ideas here. I pulled the motor on my 91 TT to fix annoying oil leaks from the rear seal and the front, ended up replacing the oil pan gaskets. Replaced the oil pump. Put the motor back in. Runs like complete garbage. Will start with throttle all the way open. Idles rough but consistently rough. When idling fine, if I blip the throttle quickly the engine will die right away and will have to WOT to restart it.

Checked the timing, verified all the notches on the timing belt and everything is perfect. Put a timing light on it, and it's sitting at about 17 degrees at idle.

The car ran rich and had crappy idle before the engine pull, but it never had this stalling issue while blipping the throttle. Still runs rich. Will rev and make boost, but misses and backfires while shifting.

I'm open to ideas. Just replaced the PCV valves because I think 22psi of blowby popped my oil seals, same issue though. I'm really at a loss and would like to get this back on the road before summer is over here. 130,000 miles stock internals. 740 injectors, Haltech plug in series ECU. Tuned for E85 and 93.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.