TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 300zx Twin Turbo running issue
People Seeking Info

Subject 300zx Twin Turbo running issue

Posted by Tylerw1 on July 24, 2016 at 6:56 PM
  This message has been viewed 408 times.

Message So I've been slowly building my 1990 300zx twin turbo over the past 6 years. Well I got it running last weekend but it has some weird running issues.

Only code stored is 42 fuel temp sensor. I believe it is because I am running winfactory topfeed rail so the temp sensor isn't grounded.

First off my mod list are gtx2867's, bored to 88mm, 3" dps, tps to 2.5" cat back, winfactory top feed rail with 1000cc FID injectors, 2.5" intake and intercooler piping, FMIC, selin translator with two MAFs and chipped ECU set up for all my mods from CZP. I have more mods, but those are the main mods to my build.

So when I start up the vehicle it will start and run pretty good. My widebands say upper 13's then about 20 seconds of running it will get leaner and leaner till it hits 20 and it will start stumbling till it stalls or I shut it off. Then it will not start back up unless I give it some time then it will start and the same thing will happen again. (selin is set to AVG with both my MAFs connected.)

So now I went down to my MAF's I switched it to ADD and disconnected my passengers side maf so only my drivers side is plugged in (I believe you can do this correct?). I start it up but it runs extremely rich at idle (10 on the widebands). I don't run it long. So now i disconnect the drivers side maf and only plug in the passengers side MAF. The car will not start. I disconnect the passengers side MAF and plug it back into the drivers side MAF it starts everytime, but runs extremely rich. So I know disconnect the selin translator and plug the OEM MAF connector to my driver side MAF (its chipped for dual pop so I believe you can do this) start it up and it runs extremely rich. Disconnect the drivers side MAF connector and plug the OEM MAF connector to the passengers side MAF and it will not start...

So at this point I feel like a passengers side MAF is no good... I check the MAF voltages per manual and both MAFs are just over .5v.

I now get my buddies known good MAF put it in place of the passengers side MAF. Hook up my selin translator set it to AVG and connect both MAFs. Start it up it runs good at first then again runs lean and rough. So I shut it down. I do the same tests set it to ADD only connect drivers side, runs extremely rich. I now only have the passengers side MAF connected on ADD (my buddies known good MAF) and it will not start...

So now it seems like the drivers side MAF always starts but runs very rich. So since I know this MAF starts every time when set to ADD I decided to take this MAF and put it to the passengers side. Once I did that I plugged in the selin connector to only the passengers side MAF set on add. Try to start it. I won't start...

I'm just dumbfounded haha. I don't get why it will not start when plugged into the passengers side MAF.

So all in all when both MAFs are connected on AVG it will start up, run good for about 20 seconds then run very lean. Set it to ADD and connect only drivers side MAF it will run extremely rich. Connect only passengers side MAF on ADD it will not start (I will say on a rare occasion it will start but then stall out almost immediately.) By pass the selin connect only the OEM MAF connector to drivers side it will run very rich. Connect the OEM MAF connector to passengers side it will not start.

CZP also sent me another chip for me to try to rule out a faulty chip but that didn't do anything.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.