TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: This should get you started...
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: This should get you started...

Posted by Alooshi on July 19, 2016 at 11:31 PM
  This message has been viewed 318 times.

In Reply To This should get you started... posted by Ted (92TT) on July 18, 2016 at 07:42 PM

Message So that list I posted was a copy of the entire bucket list of mods for the Australian car. I am mostly interested in the engine and turbo set up to see if I can improve his setup and make even more power.

I have a reputable machine shop who works on drag engines etc but they don't have too much experience with Z engines but understands the dynamics. I also have a good engine builder. The engine was already built with HKS 2530's and forged internals but one of the turbos seized so I pulled the entire thing apart to rebuild stronger and better.

Can someone answer these questions for me:

*Race Ported Heads: What does this involve?

*Jun 66 264/9.5 Cams: Are these available, if not, What Cams are recommended. Is it worth paying extra for Tomei or will JWT's do?

*Block Torque Plate Bored/Honed To 88mm: My engine is already at 88 with forged pistons, will going to 90mm make a negative difference?

*Crank Knife Edged/Balanced/Micopolished: What does this involve and is there any reputable place recommended in Florida that has experience doing this?

*Custom Wiseco Pistons Ceramic Coated
(All Parts Cryotreated And Balanced): Does ceramic coating and cryotreating the parts conflict with each other? Which one do I do first?

*New Oem Oil Pump: Is there a better aftermarket version?

*Gtx2863r Turbos 3" Intakes: what is the point of going 3" if he only has 2.5" piping to FMIC?

*I am looking to modify the HKS2530s with GTX2863 cartridges and wheels. Any opinions?

*Z1 58mm Throttlebodies: There are 61mm available. Bigger is better?

*Greddy Thermostated Sandwich Plate 10an: Is Nismo thermos a good option?

*Sz High Volume Oil Sump: What is another reputable Sump option?

*Id1300cc Injectors: Can I Highflow my 750cc Nismos?

*Will a single automotive fuel pump and aftermarket FPR be okay?

*Fuel Cooler: Which brand would you recommend?

*Mike Smith Manifolds Ceramic Coated

*Hks Twin Power Ignition: Is this really good and proven to work?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.