TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Re: Used parts are fairly easy to find. As suggested below go
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Re: Used parts are fairly easy to find. As suggested below go

Posted by kerruptz on July 13, 2016 at 7:49 PM
  This message has been viewed 179 times.

In Reply To Re: Used parts are fairly easy to find. As suggested below go posted by kerruptz on July 12, 2016 at 05:12 PM

Message So the plot thickens. Tried two different tail lamp sensors today from a Z shop (one green like my original and one brown), Each of them DID not resolve the issue. All it did was give me the little LIGHTS icon on the right of the dash when I hit the brakes. Reminder of the current issue:

- all of the following lights WORK fine (low beam, high beam, day time running, turn signals, and rear brake lights but rear brake lights only work when depressed)
- rear brake lights do not light as they should when the full driving lights are on; park lights do not either and neither does the gauge light right behind the cluster (pod lights are fine)

I resoldered part of my original tail light sensor that I had bypassed and I think I will do it one more time to ensure all is well. I checked it with a test light and I think a connection might be bad.

Here is the interesting part. Today I put my "hacked/soldered" tail light sensor back in and the following happened:
- tail lights still don't light when the driving lights are on HOWEVER:
- park lights, and gauge lights turn on every single time I brake!
- I can hear a little "click" in the cabin every time I touch the brake and the interior lights dim as they should and gauge lights turn on
- this did NOT happen with the other two tail light sensors from my friend

I'm going to check search again now but putting it out there if anyone knows what this means.

Thanks

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.