TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Subframe Assembly Install Issues
People Seeking Info

Subject Subframe Assembly Install Issues

Posted by Arkham_Z on July 10, 2016 at 4:46 PM
  This message has been viewed 220 times.

Message First, thanks to those who answered my last question on torque rec's, I got locked before I could thank you.

Issue #1:So I installed the subframe with ES Bushings. I torqued to spec (with the subframe jacked up till the bushing where touching the body). I dropped the jack and re-torqued as my double-check. I get under there today to put the final touches and sway bar on and apparently the entire assembly has slid down about 1/2in. Is it supposed to have travel in it by design? I don't recall seeing this before. I can see the center metal bushing is still in place but the whole assembly at all four attachments slides up and down.

Issue #2: ES Sway Bar End Link Bushings - torqued to spec by FSM they will not seat within the washers and are hanging off the edges unevenly by 1-2mmish. I've worked them back and forth (also jacking the tire up and down) in hopes of getting them to seat and they are always hanging off more on one side or the other. If I try the alternate internet method of "tighten till they bulge", by the time both "bulge" I still have the issue of them hanging off the edges. I am going to assume this is ok even though I know when I took the old ones off they where well within the area of the washer and not spilling over. I asked about proper bushing orientation in a previous post Link. Any input?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.