TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Something out of the oridnary?!
People Seeking Info

Subject Something out of the oridnary?!

Posted by Jok3r1552 on July 09, 2016 at 5:28 AM
  This message has been viewed 198 times.

Message So I live in new jersey running 5-40 oil. In all the years it has never gotten this hot before. I'm worried about a different oil I should be using but that's another story. So boosting through first to second gear I started slowing down cause of a turn I was making but when pulling in the rpm range stayed above 1500... popped the hood after I stopped checked all vacuum lines and SMIC and I'm here thinking to myself... did I just spin a bearing. Revved her up a few time thinking the throttle cable got stuck. Nope wasn't that... scratching my head for a few minutes I though maybe the ECU is out of funk. Pinging, knocking, detonation anything that put the ECU in some strange mode. In this heat anything. Plus it's HUMID. Side note the motor is out of Automatic which is another minor situation cause in neutral she stays at 1k. So I turned her off and back on... problem no longer existed... has anybody ever come across that? Plus, how do I fix the 1k rpms when in nuetral? If there even is a solution on these wire/sub harneses. Thanks you guys are HUGE help since day one.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.