TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - oil filter sandwich
People Seeking Info

Subject oil filter sandwich

Posted by wh0sjeff on July 07, 2016 at 9:52 PM
  This message has been viewed 168 times.

Message I need to get some feedback from those who have the full flow oil cooler set ups. reason being is..i have had one for several years which worked great. the only issue would be high oil pressure which I handled by taking a piece oh 6an hose and running it from the oil filter tree straight to the 3/8 bung on the oil pan and that kept my oil pressure under 70 psi or so. well my oil pan got damaged sso I took an old n/a oil pan I kept from the days of natural aspiration and cut the 2 5/8 bungs off the tt pan for the turbo drains and welded them to the n/a pan, but not the 3/8 bung cause it was damaged. I don't believe the oil pan is thick enough to tap a pipe fitting in it. now what does everyone else do when running a full flow oil cooler set up? without that bypass my oil pressure gets up over 100 psi on start up and under boost. I use 5w 30 Castrol oil. good viscosity, etc. maybe I should try putting one pressure relief valve behind the filter tree, but I don't want to lose too much pressure. ant thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated

Follow Ups
  • oil filter sandwich - wh0sjeff 21:52:33 07/07/16

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.