TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Expert advice only please
People Seeking Info

Subject Expert advice only please

Posted by 1995z32tt on July 02, 2016 at 8:53 PM
  This message has been viewed 243 times.

Message Here is the low down I had a long day wasn't thinking and don't know if I did any damage to a valve.

This is what happened while putting on the timing belt on my fresh build I cranked the block over to get tdc on cylinder one. I hand turned and I mean hand turned I grabbed the gear with my hands and turned it into tdc on both passanger side exhaust and intake cam sprockets.

Now to the driver side I grabbed the intake cam sprocket and I believe I turned it clock wise then it stopped I backed it off and tried again thinking it was just the lifters fighting me but I soon realized I may have just turned it the wrong direction and made contact with the valves and piston. I rotated it counter clockwise till I reached tdc as well as with the exhaust side. Then put the timing belt on.

I want to disclose I really didn't force it I felt it then stopped and I did not have a ratchet on it with leverage this was all by me grabbing it with both hands and just turning it.

Do you think I did valve damage ? How much force does it take to really bed it ? What are my next steps do I tear down the motor do I do a leak down test this motor is brand new new everything full forged the whole nine and I feel like a idiot bc I should have brough the piston to a half stroke turned the cams in then turn cylinder one to full tdc.

I have a lot of time and money into this build and want to know my best options thanks for your time

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.