TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Input from Z32 motor rebuilders (Long but please read)
People Seeking Info

Subject Input from Z32 motor rebuilders (Long but please read)

Posted by Z32_Tree_Killer on June 22, 2016 at 8:33 AM
  This message has been viewed 431 times.

Message Currently I have a 1990 300ZX NA with a fresh motor rebuild. Motor has less than 3,000 miles on it. Everything runs great. Put a lot of money into upgrades lately (steering, suspension, intake, and exhaust)
I just found a guy selling a Twin Turbo motor in my area on craigslist and talked him down to $300. The problem is he spun a rod bearing and one of the turbos smokes. He ended up going the V8 route. Probable damage is done to the crankshaft, piston rod(s), and at least 1 turbo....
My issue is that there is a lot of information of swapping a TT into a NA, not so much on converting a NA to TT.
I've done a lot of research and just want to run this buy some of the experts to make sure it makes sense and will work...
Buy TT motor and begin process
I will be using the NA block, crank, bearings, oil squirters (NA for Wiseco pistons correct?)
I will be transferring from the used TT motor:
oil pan, plugging check valves, adding all turbo oil and water lines, oil pump (probably will buy new), oil filter bracket, exhaust manifold, fan clutch.
A guy I know will sell me the following for $1000: Down pipes, test pipes, intake hard pipes, Earls oil cooler and hard lines, chipped ECU, All intercoller piping, CX racing aluminum intercoolers, accordion tubes, TT efi harness, fuel pump and controller, TT clutch and flywheel.
I will then need to buy: Wiseco forged pistons (TT), Turbos, engine gasket kit, 120K service kit, boost controller and gauge, starter shim, motor mounts, radiator, NA to TT radiator conversion bracket, radiator hoses, BOV's, front fascia.
Will I also be able to use my NA throttle bodies with TT setup since i'm already running the coolant bypass delete? I'm also waiting on the casting numbers for the heads which i'm still a little confused about.
If anyone sees anything wrong with this layout please let me know. I'm no 300ZX expert and would appreciate some feedback. I've already rebuilt the NA motor from top to bottom (not knowing everything would go wrong) and have also rebuilt many Toyota motors since I work for them. I'm very capable of doing the conversion I just want to make sure i'm not forgetting anything. Thanks

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.