TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Just to be clear, you want to drop everything from after
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Just to be clear, you want to drop everything from after

Posted by jerry 93convertible on June 17, 2016 at 1:15 PM
  This message has been viewed 231 times.

In Reply To Just to be clear, you want to drop everything from after posted by jzack on June 17, 2016 at 12:54 PM

Message It is a gasket that has two holes in it for bolts to pass through. But I have also seen like an internal gasket that inserts between the pipes.

Your photo shows two gaskets after the cats, I was under the impression if you took off the system as one piece you only needed one gasket.

The following is from zhome.com

Remove the small stiffener that bolts from frame rail to frame rail across the exhaust system (I think they're 14 mm bolts). The exhaust system is next. The catalytic converters (US spec models) are joined to the exhaust system by a pair of bolts on the lower outside of the exhaust flanges, and two nuts on bolts on the upper inside. Depending on the condition of the bolts, you may need to soak them and the nuts in penetrating oil for a while.

BEFORE YOU REMOVE THESE BOLTS AND NUTS, DECIDE ON HOW YOU WANT TO TAKE THE EXHAUST OFF. You can disconnect the 'h-pipe' (crossover and equalizer pipe) from the mufflers or take the whole thing off in one piece. The weight of the system is about 60 pounds, so it's more bulky than heavy, and if you have two people, I'd suggest you do it in one piece because it's easier and you won't need two sets of exhaust gaskets, which are somewhat prone to leakage....

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.