TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Reusing current harness was never a consideration.
People Seeking Info

Subject Reusing current harness was never a consideration.

Posted by dogpile on May 29, 2016 at 10:52 PM
  This message has been viewed 268 times.

In Reply To Thoughts. posted by Bernie (NoVA) on May 29, 2016 at 10:27 PM

Message You're right that we agree there. I figured that was a given, sorry for not being clear there.

I have thought about repurposing instead of removing. That'd actually be what I'd end up doing for most things, if not all. I'd much prefer to reroute some things entirely, but I'm trying to reduce project creep as much as possible, so that idea is all but completely off the table. It's also the main selling point of buying a new harness.

Quick math puts all new connectors from WS (you?) just under $100 for the connectors on the engine harness that they list. Injector connectors, knock sensor connectors, MAP connector, and IAT connector are no cost to me. Side note: if I end up buying a harness from you I'd get the injector subharness because it's cheap and easy at that point. Flying lead harness is $100 my cost. Wiring materials are technically free at this point (heatshrink, snakeskin loom, etc). Like I said, the math is not my concern because it points to making my own. But the time involved is worth quite a lot.

Thanks, you've pretty much swayed me back to just buying a harness and spending my time on something else.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.