TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Ha. I'm still not convinced that's the way to go.
People Seeking Info

Subject Ha. I'm still not convinced that's the way to go.

Posted by dogpile on May 29, 2016 at 9:18 PM
  This message has been viewed 218 times.

In Reply To You talk too much. Buy a new harness. (n/m) posted by Bernie (NoVA) on May 29, 2016 at 09:38 AM

Message Believe me, I go back and forth on this just about every day. I love the idea of the time saved by getting a new harness from you. I love making new harnesses, but I also get paid for that, which wouldn't happen with my own car. The thing is I would cut out a very large portion of it and add in a bunch of other things. And I really hate things looking like aftermarket add-ons.

No matter what I'm putting in our standalone. It is cheaper in every way, other than staying with a completely stock ECU (mine is apparently a California ECU too, as I'm getting an EGR temp sensor code).

I know you don't care, but here's my thought process:

I'll be removing both 02s, MAF, stock boost control solenoids, EGR. Feel like I'm forgetting something..

I'll be replacing the injectors - call it even since there's the ID injector subharness option. We can also consider the knock sensor a wash since I'd use a stock one if I got a new harness from you, or I'd use our sensors (most likely go with 2) if I make my own.

I'll be adding MAP, IAT, EBC, flex fuel, and a wideband (yes, there's only one built in controller. I know). Debating adding a crank trigger wheel still, but I'll most likely pass on that right now.

So that's where I'm at. As mentioned previously, it's cheaper for me to put the standalone we use at my shop than to go the traditional aftermarket add-ons route. I've done the math, that's not my concern. I know it sounds like I'm sold on making my own harness, but I'm really not, I'm legitimately torn. I'd buy the harness from you, Bernie, there's no question there. Sorry for the long post, I'm trying to see if writing it all out helps me decide.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.