TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 91 Twin Turbo not running good
People Seeking Info

Subject 91 Twin Turbo not running good

Posted by GT350Keith on May 23, 2016 at 10:28 PM
  This message has been viewed 353 times.

My 91 Twin Turbo was running great after a engine install which had me putting in an engine I freshened up. I put in new bearings, 120,000 mile kit, fixed up the wiring harness, had the old style injectors rebuilt by RC Injectors, had the turbo's rebuilt, and a bunch of other things. It ran great, and I put about 300-400 miles on it. It was idling in the driveway while I shut the garage door, and when I started backing out the driveway it started running like crap. I took off coil connectors while running and had #3 and #4 not make a difference. I swapped coils and plugs around, and it didn't really make a big difference but it did seem to be firing on #4 cylinder then. There was raw fuel coming out the exhaust pipes. Evenly. A friend helped me check the throttle position sensor, and get that adjusted. We also checked the mass air flow sensor. I checked the injectors by taking off the crank angle sensor, put a screwdriver on the injector hold down, and spun the CAS. They all seemed to be clicking, so the injectors seem to be firing. Three were louder clicks than the other three but I hear that doesn't matter. I put a spare coil and plug in a cylinder, started the car, and unhooked the coil connector and put it on the coil and plug to see if it had spark at the spark plug. Every cylinder had spark at the plug. Cylinder #3 is the only one that seems to be dead. I checked for codes, and there are no codes and no check engine light. I don't think its anything to do with ignition, since there is spark at all cylinders, all coils ohm correct, the injector at #3 ohms right at 13 ohms. I'm running out of ideas or what to try next. I want to get this thing running right again. Sorry for the long post, just wanted to get as much info out there as possible. I've been searching, but haven't really found anything that helps. Help!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.