TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: You cannot adjust the clutch properly by making
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: You cannot adjust the clutch properly by making

Posted by DTTZ on May 22, 2016 at 4:54 PM
  This message has been viewed 205 times.

In Reply To You cannot adjust the clutch properly by making posted by Tanley (ATL) on May 22, 2016 at 02:15 PM

Message Thanks for the response, I did follow the faq exactly, maybe im not explaining it properly.

When the clutch was initially installed, the piston that you adjust to move the pedal further off the floor to make sure the switches close when they are fully backed out. That piston was over extended a little putting some pressure on the switches and also on the clutch booster. So without your foot on the pedal there still will have been some slight pressure on the booster because that piston was adjusted improperly (over extended).

Backing that off does lower the pedal a little bit and the engagement point for the clutch was not right at the top of the pedal travel like it intially was, which i did purposely to ensure the clutch would be fully engaged once your foot is off the pedal.

I feel the pedal is now perfectly adjusted, in the few times that i drove it after adjusting, but the car is now not going into gear, so i know my clutch is wrecked and im going to have to drop the transmission again.

Thanks again for the response, I was just wondering if it would be an issue that would work itself out, and clearly it didnt, so new disk and flywheel rebuild here we come.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.