TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: HELP...STRANDED!....Dash lights
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: HELP...STRANDED!....Dash lights

Posted by mypakZ on May 21, 2016 at 8:15 PM
  This message has been viewed 216 times.

In Reply To Dash lights posted by mypakZ on May 20, 2016 at 12:25 AM

Message well, the no dash lights on one side has escalated to loss of all power just after a drive. i was having my AC unit replaced. They couldn't finish the job due to a leak. So i took my car home for the weekend. it started fine and i drove 20mi and stopped at WALLYWORLD, but when i tried to start again i got nothing. 20$ cab ride home to get the Titan!!

other things in the mix are a Viper alarm and a turbo timer. The timer has been on the car since i purchased it 3 yr ago. i don't even use it. The Viper was installed 6mos ago.

This short on the Positive terminal showed itself by burning through the "Blue" fusible link about a month ago. i replaced it after i checked the ALT wiring and found the smaller connector broken.

Like in the initial post i said i went through some troubleshooting steps but STILL can't find where the short is coming from.

i pulled all the fuses both inside and out except for all the "IGN", Starter and ECM fuses. tried to start the car .....One click and all power is gone!

Only way to get the power back is to disconnect the battery.

Seems like I'm not seeing something on the schematics in the FSM.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.