TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Possible Glazed Clutch, opinions please
People Seeking Info

Subject Possible Glazed Clutch, opinions please

Posted by DTTZ on May 21, 2016 at 4:42 PM
  This message has been viewed 333 times.

So within the last year i got my car back up and running after doing some substantial modifications (precision turbos, injectors, full breather mods, 3" exhaust etc)

The clutch that i installed was a Southbend segmented kevlar clutch. I opted for the SS pressure plate and i think at the time that was rated for 575 ft lbs.

I dialed my car in a little more this summer and it is making great power, but within the last two days i noticed the clutch started to slip in 3rd and 4th when i would roll on the throttle.

I got nervous so i bled the clutch line again, and readjusted the pedal so that it would take up closer to the floor, and that definitely minimized the slipping, but its still there.

The weird thing to me is that the harder i drive it / heat it up, the slip goes away, but i have to drive it pretty hard. This isnt really in line with the things ive read on clutches that are actually glazed, but im no expert. And as its heating up and im driving hard, the clutch will slip a little and then start to catch, and stay at say 4000 rpm as the speed increases, kind of like a CVT, its weird.

opinions / thoughts ? wondering if i should order a new disc from z speed. Clutch kit only has 6000km / 4000 miles on it.

Thanks in advance

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.