TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Smoking on decel, after rebuild with new CHRAs
People Seeking Info

Subject Smoking on decel, after rebuild with new CHRAs

Posted by platinumist on May 09, 2016 at 5:10 PM
  This message has been viewed 366 times.

Message Maybe 5k? Miles in rebuilt motor (wiseco pistons, all new OEM everything). Valve seals were replaced with full valve job (classic 90' worn valves), new CHRAs. After break in and hunting a few small gremlins everything runs pretty good and the car is fast as hell, but after a good pull the car plumes white/blue smoke, definitely oil. Doesn't seem to smoke under boost, but it's hard to tell. It seems to be getting worse as I don't remember this being an issue until a couple thousand miles ago...

I have capped the PCV valves (left the ports going to "accordion" pipes in place for crankcase vent - no oil in charge pipes so I think I'm safe there, though I haven't pulled the accordions). New CHRAs.

I've heard this is a symptom of valve seals, but usually accompanied with smoke on startup, which I don't have - only after a hard run on deceleration. Could my turbos already be bad? I'm boosting stockers to ~20psi on e85, Greg Dupree says he does this setup all the time.

Haven't done a compression leak down test yet, boost leak test revealed no issues. Anywhere else I can start to pin down the issue? Running mobil 1 10w30.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.