TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - (long) Trouble replacing rear control arm bushings. In an
People Seeking Info

Subject (long) Trouble replacing rear control arm bushings. In an

Posted by ZTicket(Dallas) on April 25, 2016 at 7:43 AM
  This message has been viewed 333 times.

Message effort to replace all the rubber in the rear I'm running into trouble. I bought Whiteline bushings from CZP. The ones for the rear control arm measure 1.320in. O.D.(33.528mm). My control arms I.D. (sleeves removed) measure 1.276 (32.410mm). Math says that the bush is 1.118 mm bigger that the control arm opening. I tried to "message" the bush with a dremel sandpaper flapwheel in order to get it lined up to start pressing it in with my ball joint removal/installation kit, but it wasn't going to happen. I took the arms/bushings to Pep Boys thinking that I didn't have the tools to do the job right. They called me later and said they couldn't get the job done either.
Obviously, I've never done this before. Is it normal for the bush to be that much bigger than the opening? Did I buy "ill-fitting Chinese parts" that will require sanding and fitting? Before I left the Pep Boys parking lot, I called Courtesy and ordered stock control arms. But, now I have my doubts about the Whiteline bushings that I purchased to go in the knuckles. I'm close to sending everything back to CZP and leaving well enough alone. The knuckle bushings are old but not visibly broken. Any advice would be appreciated.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.