TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - What do you see as an alternative?
People Seeking Info

Subject What do you see as an alternative?

Posted by ThisIsSparTTa on March 10, 2016 at 9:32 AM
  This message has been viewed 226 times.

In Reply To ES bushings review for street car? posted by leifi on March 09, 2016 at 03:41 PM

Message I could be wrong here, but are there OEM/Rubber bushings available? As far as I know all options are at least poly, and then solid.

The reason I ask is the rubber can get down to outright dangerous as it deteriorates. The 90 that I bought had the rear end literally bouncing all over the place on the drive home, especially if I hit bumps. The rear subframe bushings were so dead they were allowing the subframe to move up and down. Several of the control arm bushings fell apart when I pushed on them by hand.

You say you want to take your kids in the car. Safety alone would trump a potentially slightly harsher ride, to me.

That being said, I can't comment on the harshness. I previously had a 91 with stock TT adjustable suspension, then I got this 90 and I did all bushings front to rear plus Powertrix Ultralites at the same time. The UL's are pretty brutal on their own, so it would be hard to separate that experience from the ES bushings. That being said, everything is incredibly solid and predictable now. I know it was the right move for me.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.