TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: "Compression is good, 205-210 all 6"??? >>>>>
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: "Compression is good, 205-210 all 6"??? >>>>>

Posted by Metacom on March 05, 2016 at 2:40 PM
  This message has been viewed 275 times.

In Reply To "Compression is good, 205-210 all 6"??? >>>>> posted by ZUL8TR on March 05, 2016 at 05:37 AM

Message I haven't put a vacuum gauge on it but I did run a boost leak tester through it, not sure if thats as effective on an NA vs TT. All the vacuum lines have been replaced though. Ill get a hold of a vacuum gauge and look at that.

O2 voltage fluctuates from .03 up to .77 from both up stream sensors.

TPS is properly adjusted, no doubts there.

Coolant temp sensor checks out OK too.

MAF has been cleaned, visually checks out, voltage and CFM check out.

All the connectors are in excellent condition, not a spot of corrosion. It was a Cali car, garage kept.

The battery does seem to be the wrong size / type, the posts are backwards and facing toward the front instead of closer to the cowl. I cant imagine a battery causing these issues..

I've checked the grounds, cleaned and ran continuity tests via FSM for the coil packs and PTU harnesses. checks out...

Also went through the Idle tech links a while back, no change :( they did help cure the idle on my TT though!

The previous owner did have the OE cats replaced with aftermarket cats. The 96 FSM says about the rear O2 sensors:

"The rear heated oxygen sensor (Rear HO2S), after three way catalyst, monitors the oxygen level in the exhaust gas. Even if switching characteristics of the front heated oxygen sensor are shifted, the air fuel ratio is controlled to stoichiometric, by the signal from the rear heated oxygen sensor.

This sensor is made of ceramic zirconia. The zirconia generates voltage from approximately 1V in richer conditions to 0V in leaner conditions.

Under normal conditions the rear heated oxygen sensor is not used for engine control operation."

Doesn't that last line contract the part about the rear O2s controlling the A/F ratios?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.