TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: I honestly think that it's a huge mistake to try and replace
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: I honestly think that it's a huge mistake to try and replace

Posted by new300zxdriver on March 03, 2016 at 10:53 PM
  This message has been viewed 317 times.

In Reply To I honestly think that it's a huge mistake to try and replace posted by Bernie (NoVA) on March 03, 2016 at 10:40 PM

Message I thought for the most part almost every bushing except for the subframe ones can be replaced by drilling through the rubber to the metal sleeve, using a hacksaw to cut the metal sleeve, and then using a hammer and chisel to bend the sleeve inwards and press it out? It sounds like it'd take a lot of time and patience, but doesn't really sound too bad tool wise.

Most people I've talked to say they've loved the way the polyurethane bushings feel, and say that the squeak can be remedied by reoiling the bushings every year.

Would replacing just the steering, tie rod, front lower control arms, sway bar, and diff bushings really take that long? From what I understand each of those separately takes around 2 hours max; it's the rear control arms, shocks, and subframe that are a bitch to do.

I don't mind noise / squeaks that much, mostly looking for a stiffer / better handling ride and the comfort of knowing that I'm not driving around on 23 year old bushings that could give out eventually.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.