TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Replacing suspension bushings
People Seeking Info

Subject Replacing suspension bushings

Posted by new300zxdriver on March 03, 2016 at 4:37 PM
  This message has been viewed 536 times.

Message Hey guys

I have an upcoming week off from work and school so I was planning on jacking up the Z and putting in some work on it. Originally was only planning on doing minor maintenance and swapping out my brake pads/rotors but after talking to another guy I know with a Z who said he swapped out most of his rubber bushings for polyurethane I decided to do that too after I heard how satisfied he was.

I ordered the Z1 Energy Suspension custom kit with all the optional bushings (the one that includes subframe, control arm, and shocking bushes) and went about reading a lot of guides and threads about how to do it. From what I understand so far, it'll take me quite a few hours but for the most part, all the bushings except for the subframe ones should be doable on my own, correct? The estimate for the subframe bushings found in a thread on this site is clocked at around 70 hours, time I don't really have to spare this week.

Would there be a noticeable enough change in suspension doing everything but the subframe bushings? Is it bad to not do them and leave them off until this summer when I'll have more time to leave the Z jacked up?

Also, do there exist any guides on replacing the rear control arm and shock bushings? I've found several writeups and videos for every replacement but those ones.

Thanks in advance!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.