TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: First thing I'm going to ask is did you reference mark all
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: First thing I'm going to ask is did you reference mark all

Posted by RomChip200 on March 03, 2016 at 4:23 AM
  This message has been viewed 308 times.

In Reply To First thing I'm going to ask is did you reference mark all posted by Red Hawk (CO) on March 02, 2016 at 05:15 PM

Message It helps a lot.
I'm going to raise the transmission with polyurethane puck inserted b/w the metal and the rubber of the transmission mount to achieve 0° and give it a try.
I have also now some concerns about the quality of the CB70 sold by the australian sellers. I have now a new OEM in my hand, and seems there're more tolerance in the welding locations on the CB70 .... meaning the CB70 is not perfectly straight or aligned.

I fitted back with the marks I did before separating the 2 pieces of the driveshaft (I had only removed the first part from the transmission to change the CB keeping the second attached to the diff).
Yesterday, I checked again how the yokes of each piece are oriented and I discovered the first shaft is not correct (opposite yokes of the first piece are 90° phased in my case, pics 2&3 below) comparing to the literature ! but it was like this since I got the car in 2004 !
Maybe it's no so important when you carefully respect the 0° angle b/w the transmission and the CB .... I assume I had more or less 0° angle with my old sagged CB ...

I didn't succeed to find on the web a pic of a 2+2 TT driveshaft, maybe they are like this from the factory.

Last pic show my trans mount gap, I have about 4-5mm b/w the metal and the rubber, are OEM supposed to sag so much normally !?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.