TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Differences
People Seeking Info

Subject Differences

Posted by Madhatter10-6 on February 15, 2016 at 11:22 AM
  This message has been viewed 837 times.

In Reply To VTF posted by WhiTTe Z on February 15, 2016 at 10:44 AM

Message The platinum pro is a really nice piece of hardware and is a good choice for some members. The fact that its plug and play and mostly preconfigured just makes it a little simpler of a process.

Here are the main advantages that I see the Elite has over the platinum:

1) A true dedicated traction control. Not "traction aids" but ignition timing and or cylinder kill based on wheel slip. You can also vary the slip percentage based on another factor like MPH. So you can have 15% slip at sub 30mph and 5% slip at above 80mph or however you want to set it up.

2) Autotune. The elite has a short term trim function available for things like A/F, Boost, Ignition, etc etc. So as you drive your car around if it is off target over time it will store the difference between desired and actual and make corrections. When you turn the car off these corrections are saved. This isn't a substitute for a good tune but will allow flexibility and for your car to learn as conditions change.

3) Infinitely more flexible. You can do 4D tuning with the elite and make your own custom tables that have relationships that you pick not ones that are pre selected. You can also dig much deeper down into the software and adjust things like ignition to control idle. With a heavily modified car this is crucial.

4) Safety. There are tons of really cool safety features that the elite offers. You can build 3 different safety zones and choose what happens as an output on each one. For example zone 1 might be a 5% increase in fuel and a boost cut. You can then pick what conditions will trigger this out put. I have my Zone 3 setup for worst case. Water temp over 230, oil pressure below X at boost. That type of thing. This allows you to have zones that don't cripple the car but let you know something is wrong.

5) A real PID system instead of the PIDish crap that the platinum had. That being said some of the modules like traction control don't work so its give and take at this point

6) CAS. With the Nissan CAS system there can be timing drift. Since the elite allows you to make custom tables you can build an RPM vs Igition table to get rid of timing drift at higher RPMs.

7) Test mode. This will be coming out soon and will let you spoof outputs to test individual coil packs injectors and more.

8) Very advanced knock detection and control.

9) Rolling ANTI LAG. You can be driving @ 40MPH and hold down the trigger. Floor the car and it will keep you at 40MPH until the button is released while building boost. Not so good for the turbo or motor but helps with roll racing.

10) Its not a dead platform. This is their new toy and will get a lot of new features added to continue making it better.

and those are just the big ones to me off the top of my head.....

Haltech should be paying me for this type of PR ;)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.