TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Its running!
People Seeking Info

Subject Its running!

Posted by schwar74 on February 09, 2016 at 4:22 PM
  This message has been viewed 327 times.

In Reply To First start after rebuild guide? posted by schwar74 on February 05, 2016 at 08:44 AM

Message So I got things buttoned up enough last night to go ahead and start it. It started begrudgingly initially until I figured out that the balance tube wasn't completely tightened down. That solved the issue, it fired right up and it sounded pretty good. The lifters are pretty noisy as I've heard is expected, but everything else sounds good.

The idle was initially pretty high, but bumping the TPS connectors changed this, so I may be in the market for a new TPS and new connectors. I haven't had a chance to go through the adjustments yet. I was getting some pretty high voltages when I was checking it, like 2-3 volts, which I thought was odd.

The other interesting thing is that the buzzing in the transmission is dependent on me manipulating the TPS connections. Maybe the tranny isn't toast after all. Maybe the TPS is the issue. We'll see how that plays out.

I have a little bit of coolant dripping from the back of the motor. The heater hose clamps weren't tight, and I'm hoping that was the source.

I've also got a nice puddle of ATF under the power steering pump this morning, so I'll have to do some digging there.

It was pretty exciting to finally hear it alive! Now I've got a big boost to get these other things cleaned up.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.