TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Grrr . . .
People Seeking Info

Subject Grrr . . .

Posted by schwar74 on February 06, 2016 at 6:52 PM
  This message has been viewed 340 times.

In Reply To First start after rebuild guide? posted by schwar74 on February 05, 2016 at 08:44 AM

Message Thanks erveryone for the tips.

So, I got everything buttoned up, fluids added, pulled the fuel relay connection, put the battery in, and . . . Nothing. No cranking, no lights, nothing. Had good voltage at the battery. Found a lot of corrosion at the neg terminal. Got that cleaned up, and then had power everywhere but the starter. Puttered around, checked the leads going to the starter relay . . . No juice. Jumped the connector coming from the relay to the starter and it turned over.

So I'm thinking the inhibitor switch on the tranny (auto) is messed up. Or the connection is fouled up. The other weird thing is a very loud buzzing coming from the tranny when the key is on. Not sure what that is.

I bought this car with a bad motor, so I ran it just long enough to get it on a trailer, then around the block. I'm not sure whether the tranny was in good shape or not. But the inhibitor switch worked when I bought it.

One other little gem was a puddle of tranny fluid I found under it this morning. It's coming from a screw up I had when I took it out.

So my plan now is to go ahead and start it, check for leaks, try to set timing and idle, then find another tranny and get it on the road.

Learning curves suck!!!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.