TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - In my 92 NA I replaced all 6 injectors with new type>>
People Seeking Info

Subject In my 92 NA I replaced all 6 injectors with new type>>

Posted by ZUL8TR on February 04, 2016 at 4:47 AM
  This message has been viewed 293 times.

In Reply To Ethanol Corrosion Preventer Use or Not? posted by BenWP on February 02, 2016 at 09:32 AM

Message because 2 omed out of site and best to do all 6. Not sure if E10 fuel was the cause or the green corrosion in the connectors as well as the supply wires feeding the connectors - garage stored go figure? So you should check the condition of the injector connectors as well as others like the coolant temp sensor, TPS, etc, clean them and fill with dielectric grease reduce/eliminate corrosion. While the connectors are off Ohm the injectors (usu digital MultiMeter only) and hope they are in range 10 -14 ohms, closer to 10 when engine cold and closer to 14 when warmed up. They usually read about 11.4 ohms at 75F.

Anyhow, I use E10 premium and add Stable Fuel Stabilizer at label maintenance dosage ($10/quart at Wally World) at each fill. I only do about 800 - 1000 miles/year so fuel is in the tank about 3 months between fueling (I only put 10 gallons at a time) thus definitely needs the Stable. I replaced the injectors back in June 2009 and still running great, never did the 12v cut to the injectors when engine off.

On another issue make sure you have very low voltage bleed thru the coolant (<0.3v preferably <0.15v) if too high there is something wrong and corrosion in the cooling system will result and it needs fixing, 1st step flush and change coolant.

[ http://www.dieselduck.info/machine/01%20prime%20movers/coolant_voltage.htm ]

ZUL8TR in Orlando,FL

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.