TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - New clutch system, but still having difficulties.
People Seeking Info

Subject New clutch system, but still having difficulties.

Posted by TheKryptKeeper on January 14, 2016 at 11:31 PM
  This message has been viewed 371 times.

Message Hey all, First, thanks for taking a look. I have a 91 TT that I have been fighting with the clutch on for months. Last year a pivot ball went out on me, so I did a clutch job. Since then I've been chasing this vague clutch issue. What is new is: Z1 Street clutch, Z1 Flywheel, Slave cylinder, Master cylinder, fender line delete, SS clutch line, clutch vacuum hose. The pedal engages right off the floor/hard to get into gear. I've adjusted my pedal beyond the norm by moving all switches until they juuust get triggered, and still nothing. Before the Master Cylinder was replaced I measured the throw on the slave and was getting 22mm, when I was recommended 17. I could bleed it and get it working, but it felt like I was losing pressure over time, so I got a new master and put it on this week. I have not measured my throw since.

I'm kinda getting frustrated here. My specific question is: when adjusting my clutch pedal, is there a chance that I "preloaded" my old MC, and now my new one is not getting a full go? After reading here, I felt a bench bleed was unnecessary, so I just threw it in. I have fuel hard lines routed by it that made this much more difficult than needed, so I'd prefer to not remove it again. Maybe crack the nut on the MC and sorta bench bleed it?

Thanks again for your help.
Krypt

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.