TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Z32 three dead cylinders
People Seeking Info

Subject Z32 three dead cylinders

Posted by Burgerwolf on November 15, 2015 at 3:41 PM
  This message has been viewed 274 times.

Message Hey guys,

I recently decided to face the beast and fix my TT 2+2. It had terrible oil leaks. We started off with wanting to just do a complete engine gasket reseal. As parts started coming off, we realized bad the engine was. The turbos had small puddles of oil in them, some of the valves were bent, and a few other detrimental issues. And then, we pulled out the pistons. CRACKED! Which explains why the turbos were sucking up so much oil.

Anyways, 5 months later, I put in new stock turbos from Z1 motorsports with new oil and coolant lines, resurfaced the heads and replaced a few bent valves, rebuilt the block-new pistons .20 over, replaced every single hose with Z1 silicone, All new seals, EGR, tensioner, Z1 T-stat, Vtc sensors, battery harness, Timing belt, and oil sump.

We get the motor in, turn it on and now cylinders 1, 3 and 5 are at zero compression. Checked the injectors, they are good, has spark so coils are all good, timing is good. We are stumped! I have a pre 90 motor so possibility the "30p" valves have gone bad? Or perhaps a Lifter issue??

Any suggestions? Please help! :/

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.