TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Need some advice as to what to do next
People Seeking Info

Subject Need some advice as to what to do next

Posted by leo90z-tt on November 09, 2015 at 3:58 PM
  This message has been viewed 299 times.

Message I posted earlier about a 90 twin turbo I bought that began acting up on me,hesitation/stuttering during acceleration which many like myself believed to be a bad injector. I decided to go with the pintle-less injectors like I was recommended and took my intake apart. Had to replace every hose since they were all cracking and breaking. I put it back together and the car wouldn't start. I replaced the ptu and she fired up rite away,however it won't maintain idle..rpms drop to 600 and it dies unless I keep pumping gas. I tried adjusting my throttle cable and rpms would surge up too high (1500-2000) as well as the idle on the iac unit but I got little to no improvement. I checked for vacuum leaks and all the lines seem to be connected. My acceleration problem is still there. Anyways long story short I gave up and took it to the dealer. They performed a power balance test and i was told cylinder 2 is only reading 14rpms, and the rest are between 85 and 200...The mechanic wants to charge $4k to replace injectors and I told him they are brand new... Idk where to go from now,buy a new coil?? or what do I do now that I pinpointed the problem? Any suggestions would be great. thanks

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.