TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Re: Open/closed loop question
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Re: Open/closed loop question

Posted by Cjw3 on November 05, 2015 at 8:26 PM
  This message has been viewed 384 times.

In Reply To Re: Open/closed loop question posted by Maverick on November 05, 2015 at 07:35 PM

Message This sounds like a different Problem.. High Idle and Fast Idle will be Closed loop.. So you should see O2 Cycling.. About Once a second.. to about once every 2 seconds..

Left and right should cycle about the same rate.. If they do not, then either the O2 Sensor is reacting slow, or you have something leaking ( Air/Fuel ) on the slow side..

If you get Conzult Software you can see your Fuel Trim ( Fuel Percent Calculations ).. Very Helpful for getting a 'Feel' for what might be wrong.. and checking one side to the other

Hi RPM Lite Stumble at Lite Load, could be Coil Pack, Plugs, PTU..

Check the PTU Sub Harness Plugs for corrosion.. I finally got pissed off at Chasing Ghosts on my Two Pre '93 NA's and took a day and Did the PTU Sub Harness Delete on both of them ( The '95 has a new Harness, so no issues there.. ).. It took a little bit to sit down and understand what needed to be done.. And the 'Single Wire Fed from the Other Harness' ment that I stripped Both Harnesses back past the Water Temp Sender.. But a little Solder.. some Tape and patience all worked out well.. I found it easier to mount the PTU 'Upside Down' and I did not have to add any wire.. Looks fine except the Words on the PTU are Upside-down.

Cj

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.