TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: LIKELY corrosion ..
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: LIKELY corrosion ..

Posted by ToneZ32 on October 29, 2015 at 1:46 PM
  This message has been viewed 219 times.

In Reply To LIKELY corrosion .. posted by Cjw3 on October 24, 2015 at 06:16 PM

Message @Cjw3 thank you for the advice bro.im worried i dont have spark cause i took a coil boot off and had it touching the little contact point where the spark plugs get current, then i had the screwdriver really close to a engine bracket off the block i forget which one exactly but i hooked my micrometer to the battery + and this engine bracket to test for ground and it turned out i had 12.55 volts. So back to my main issue, i didnt see a single spark jump in about 15 seconds of cranking in 10 second intervals by a friend inside the car.
so to do this, should I

A) put oil in a cylinder then compression test each cylinder 1 at a time?
or
B) put the same amount of oil in every single cylinder and then the spark plugs and try to crank it over with oil in there and some starting fluid?

random fact, when i did pull two plugs, they were the NGR R plugs i cant recall the model number, but they literally looked so new it was almost like look around for some random dude who changed my spark plugs with 13$ NGK's lol. i say this because i bought it from a rich kid who was basically a tightwad. so i figured he skimped on buying the plugs id be pulling out some autolite pulse 4 gamma ray hydro spark plugs, even the plugs condition on the threads and spark end was so clean, like that shiny almost silver zinc looking color. so i have great, so heres what i got and whats wrong:
Brand new NGK factory spec spark plugs
4 new fuel injectors
4 brand new tires
drained out the maybe half quart of oil from the oil pan(yes it sat for 5 years, but where did all the oil go?!, then poured mobil 1 synthetic through until it came out the poil pan drain hole (added marvel's mystery oil too, people advocate it all the time for Z's so ive heard). i then replaced the fram oil filter (lame, i know) and oil with mobil 1. i don't know why my compressions low he said the head gasket was inspected 10k mile before it died on him. so what do u all think?

+

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.