TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - So far a good plan..
People Seeking Info

Subject So far a good plan..

Posted by Cjw3 on October 11, 2015 at 9:50 PM
  This message has been viewed 369 times.

In Reply To Okay so i think I've got a gameplan posted by Z32CheekiBreeki on October 11, 2015 at 08:39 PM

Message IF your timing set was NEW, reuse it..
Put all new rubber in, if you have not already.. NEW Knock Sensor and harness..

The problem will be when you get the block apart.. My 'Turbo in a Baskett' that was running before it was basketted by the prev owner.. had a Out of Spec Block.. so he had it running, but the bores were over by .002 but it was running..

I could not put it back together with bores that far over.. and all my NA blocks I have are in the same shape.. So my next step is Bore and Weisco Pistons..
So when you go with Aftermarkett Pistons, you need the Oil Squirters out of the NA Block to put in the TT block with Aftermarkett Pistons..

That makes TWO engine disemblies for you, if the Present TT Block is Oversize.. ( Likely depending on Millage ), but you need to do that any way, because you fu**ed up a crank.. and that needs to come from an NA you have..

Yes you want a new TT Oil Pump..

Spun Rod.. Many Causes.. I've put my hands on 3 NA 'Bad Rod bearings'.. only one had 'Spun' screwing up the Crank and Rod..

First two were Age/Millage related.. just went to far, and things wore out ( +200K Miles on the engines ).. they were caught at the FIRST signs of noise.. I was able to drop the Pan and toss in new bearings.. Still running a few years later..

This last one that actually 'Spun', was a 2 year old motor from some 'Auto Rebuilding Exchange'.. ended up it was a TT Block in a NA Car.. and the Rod caps were only tightened to 20 Ft Lbs.. I do not know how it lasted this long, but when it went out for its last 'Run', it was it's last run!

Things went south FAST.. Still trying to figure out who is paying for what on this car..

College kid on a Budget.. does not sound all that great..

Can you Toss the car into a Shed/Garage, with all the parts, and get a Beater Honda to drive.. Then wait till you finish school, to pay better attention to the Rebuild when the time comes..

Unless your going after a ME degree or something..

Good Luck..

Cj

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.