TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I don't fully dissagree with you, I believe is a combination
People Seeking Info

Subject I don't fully dissagree with you, I believe is a combination

Posted by puchy on October 09, 2015 at 2:30 PM
  This message has been viewed 232 times.

In Reply To Disagree. It always happens under boost. posted by OverZealous (CT) on October 08, 2015 at 08:43 PM

Message On my setup, I replaced both restrictors tubes from the intake covers with regular hoses (I made sure there was no pinch in the hose) and opened the pcv elbow on the driver's side exhaust cover for testing with same problem. I removed all the filters thinking all they were causing restrictions, to no avail. My compression at the time was between 155-162 (Not too shabby I thought). Curiosity got me to monitor it and noticed the tube out of position (angled mostly) after every drive even when I didn't boosted or boosted slightly but shifted at about 4K-4.5K rpm.
Also, during the "cold" Texas summer the dam tube got really loose and got under the linkage at halfway throttle.
I tie wrapped it in the mean time because I want to use the drill and screw method but I want to remove the cover to do it. At first, I wanted to crimp the tube in the front when it is warm and press it in, but I keep postponing it because I'm afraid it will crack the valve cover.
To go back to the issue, I think that in my case it is a combination of both where the vibrations get it loose enough and the blow-by puts the finishing touches to the nightmare. If the person leaves in the intake valve covers restrictors it will be even worst. It's pretty easy to test. Just make sure the tube is all the way in, note its position because it will angle and drive around shifting at very high rpm without boosting for 15 minutes and when you stop check if the tube got out of its original position.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.