TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Huge thanks for everyone's tips and comments!
People Seeking Info

Subject Huge thanks for everyone's tips and comments!

Posted by Placuch on October 01, 2015 at 6:29 AM
  This message has been viewed 379 times.

In Reply To A few comments: posted by ttsmokin on September 30, 2015 at 08:29 PM

Message Your input is much appreciated. I will definitely check the coolant passages now that you guys mentioned it. Oil pan wouldn't be a bad ideas as eventually I do intend on ocassionally racing on a road course. If there is anything else I should know don't hesitate. I'd rather know it twice than not at all.

I came across a short block that was recently rebuilt with wiseco pistons. Supposedly the rods and crankshaft were checked and new bearings installed. I'm going to get derailed pictures of everything later today. This block was run for about a 1000 miles according to the seller and after that the heads faild in some way which is why it was removed. I'm considering bing this complete short block if everything is on order, then purchasing the other seller'so 95/96 to end.

Is there anything I should be worried about buying a used rebuilt short block? I thought maybe it would be a good idea to plastigauge before I put it in.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.