TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: jambed pump bearing. Is that a rebuilt, remanufactured or>>
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: jambed pump bearing. Is that a rebuilt, remanufactured or>>

Posted by Diplomat1 on September 21, 2015 at 10:45 AM
  This message has been viewed 347 times.

In Reply To jambed pump bearing. Is that a rebuilt, remanufactured or>> posted by ZUL8TR on September 21, 2015 at 04:39 AM

Message I just got the motor a 120k service was done to it and looked like a new pump. I forgot the brand and I'm not home at the moment. It looks new and gasket was redone. The belt was tight and that's what confused me is how the belt slipped off unless the water pump gave out under pressure and seized. Also why would the hose to the top of the radiator break like that? After the pump froze no fluid was moving so it blew off? I hope it's just a water pump issue and after putting in a new one fixes and runs perfect. Is it possible I overtightened the belt ? I had the car running at idle for 30 mins never overheated and I also was revving the car pretty high and no problems. While taking off the timing covers I realized I didn't have to take the upper coolant pipe ( the one with the 2 hoses attached to it from the block) off but I already loosened it and broke the gasket between the pipe and the block. Do I have to pull it out and remake the gasket? Thanks

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.