TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - e85
People Seeking Info

Subject e85

Posted by wickdGSXR on September 09, 2015 at 2:09 PM
  This message has been viewed 415 times.

In Reply To adding vtc to 96/ e85 on 96 posted by L£AÐZX on September 08, 2015 at 04:56 PM

Message I think the e85 is a good upgrade. I drilled a hole in my gas tank where the existing drain plug was. Used a bulkhead fitting in that hole to feed a Bosch fuel pump. There is a filter and special fittings for that fuel pump. Up top on the gas tank was a bit more difficult. Had to cut off the nubs and slide on a fitting for the fuel feed/return pipes. I would have to research my orders to figure out correct fittings. It's a tight fit when the gas tank is re-installed and those fittings are on. SEB has the answers.

Building the fuel line was not cheap but I used the Jegs fittings and hose. Someone else a way to create the lines for the BDE injection setup. Brett helped with a couple fittings from another company (for balance tube).

Received the e85 sensor and pressure switch from SpecialtyZ. When I finish installing the motor, it will be tuned for eight maps e10 to e80. The clock is used to switch maps. I'm not into paying $20/gal for race fuel. I prefer the cost up front!

I can't comment on the 96 conversion (I have a 90). I had to get different cam caps for the 500+ cams. Also had to install the little push button thing in the end (that block/allow oil flow). They don't come with the JWT cams. Once again, I would contact Brett about adjustable cam gears. I did all four but you have to get the right cam gear/sprocket as cores. Dialing in the cams was not easy but they were definitely off.

My philosophy is do it right the first time. I believe my build is as close to optimal as you can do. Only difference is my turbo/manifold selection.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.