TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Ok I jacked the car up
People Seeking Info

Subject Ok I jacked the car up

Posted by lvdisturbed1 on August 28, 2015 at 10:33 PM
  This message has been viewed 310 times.

In Reply To Tank filler neck hose is another thing to check too. (n/m) posted by jzack on August 28, 2015 at 08:12 PM

Message And checked for signs of cracks, I didn't see any. It looked like the fuel was leaking from above the tank, so I took apart the trim and removed the cover for the fuel pump (plate with 4xphillips screws). Upon inspection, it seems this was the source of the leak. There was still a residual fuel smell, and one of the hoses (furthest one from the wires goint to fuel pump/closest to rear of car)looked slightly damp. The damp hose had a loose clamp, so I tightened it, but I see another clamp I cannot get to. The other 2 hoses have the spring style clamps and seem fine. I start the car, and initially no leaks. After the car got hot, fuel starts hissing out of a hose. I cannot see where or verify if it's the hose with the screw clamps because it's further along out of reach, but I can hear, smell, and see some fuel creep up into sight.

So I have a pretty good feeling it is one of the 3 hoses coming off of the fuel pump assembly. Question is, how do I gain access to them?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.