TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - rear brake caliper rebuild
People Seeking Info

Subject rear brake caliper rebuild

Posted by Juan480 on August 24, 2015 at 4:42 PM
  This message has been viewed 355 times.

Message I decided to rebuild my rear brake calipers. They were already off from a bigger project, so I figured it was a good time for a refresh. I bought the rebuild kit from RockAuto. I also saw the same part number kit from other sites so I figured I was good.

None of the parts fit. The square O-ring doesn't fit inside the piston chamber. Well, I can get it to fit, but I can tell it's not right (sorry no pics of that). The O-ring that connects both sides of caliper is slightly too big as well, it just sits on top of the slot the original one that was in. I did my best to get a comparison shot on the tape measurer. The one that starts on the 4 is the original O-ring. The piston boot in the kit was too small as well. I took a side by side with the original (on the right) and I can see the difference.

I only opened one kit, but the other seemed to be the same size. Am I seeing things? Am I the only one that's had this happen? To be honest, I just assumed these were the original rear brakes. Is there a way to tell? The numbers on the outward facing side of the calipers are 14 and 02.

Rear brake rebuild kit photo image.jpg

Thanks in advance,
Juan

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.