TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - just did a little investigative work... >
People Seeking Info

Subject just did a little investigative work... >

Posted by WE350Z on August 24, 2015 at 3:41 PM
  This message has been viewed 374 times.

In Reply To Loud pop / crack sound from engine bay, dash lights on, >> posted by WE350Z on August 23, 2015 at 11:17 PM

Message See video links below.

Car started right up and throttle revved fine right away in neutral. Once warm I backed her up then as soon as I put her in first and tried to drive forward and hit the gas pedal the engine stutters and wants to fall flat on its face. If I let go of the throttle returns to normal idle.

I reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery and now everything seems fine. Drove it around the parking lot I am getting positive boost pressure (was only able to boost a couple PSI due to the amount of runway - I still need to make sure it's not in safety boost mode just afraid of getting stranded).

Also definitely not the charging system. Battery read >12V with surface charge removed and >14V consistently at idle according to my VOM.

Video #1 - after starting and letting warm up, then backing up and attempting to drive forward in first gear
Video #2 - stopped and started engine with ignition key, attempted to drive forward in first gear again same issue
Video #3 - in neutral pushing throttle cable by hand
Video #4 - after resetting ECU by disconnecting batter cable throttle seems fine

Wondering if this has been a problem for a while. I regularly disconnect the battery because sometimes I don't drive the car for 2 weeks at a time.

2006 Scion tC (Sold)
2004 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Sold)
2003 Nissan 350Z Track (Sold)
2000 BMW X5 4.4i
1993 300ZX Twin Turbo
1985 Nissan 300ZX NA (Sold)
http://WE350Z.com>v
WE350Z at gmail dot com

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.