TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Progress..I think
People Seeking Info

Subject Progress..I think

Posted by Diplomat1 on August 22, 2015 at 9:06 PM
  This message has been viewed 220 times.

In Reply To Cylinder head timing off with belt off posted by Diplomat1 on August 20, 2015 at 02:04 AM

Message So I got the drivers side head off and found that the head gasket wasn't the problem I didn't see any breaks in it. I read on z32 wiki that the 1990 head have intake valve problems because the valves were made wit not inferior metals and I found that my head has those same "30" stamped valves. I'm hoping that that's the issue. I procrastinated a lot today butotor is ready to come out first thing tomorrow but here is a video of the cylinder walls and Pistons. Doesn't look like he valves hit the Pistons. Tomorrow I am going to take the pan off and see if the rod bearings are good which I hope they are but then I don't know where the knocking Came from. Here is the video

[ http://youtu.be/hGbFYfyfGEw ]

I also took the camshaft off the driver side head and the first thing I smelt was burnt oil. Me and a friend both smelled it and thought maybe the oil pump was on the way out cause the cam shafts didn't look bad. I'm hoping tomorrow I can find out what's really the issue any advice would be helpful thanks

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.