TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Congrats on finding the problem. Now to fix it...
People Seeking Info

Subject Congrats on finding the problem. Now to fix it...

Posted by OverZealous (CT) on August 22, 2015 at 8:05 AM
  This message has been viewed 274 times.

In Reply To instructions for replacing the regulator posted by lbw46 on August 20, 2015 at 10:20 AM

Message I'm reading this two days late so you may have already started your fix. I'm a little confused because you said initially the regulator was dry as a bone. Now it's spraying pretty good?

If the regulator is leaking then the high pressure part of the system is losing pressure when the engine is off and IMO it's not worth your time to try and relieve the fuel system pressure even more, as it'll already be pretty low by the time you try and take the fuel lines off. Relieving the pressure by disconnect the relay and cranking the engine is a real pain in the ass for what I believe is very little benefit. If I remember right removing the fuse was not effective in my case -- this method of relieving the fuel pressure is year specific. Leaving the gas tank open makes no sense to me at all.

Just recognize that the first fuel hose clamp you take off will leak significantly and take precautions with a cold engine to use rags to minimize the amount of leakage around that hose clamp. That's all you need to do to relieve the pressure.

The work you're trying to do is relatively easy and as you've found out Murphy is a problem for professionals and amateurs alike. Whatever you do, do take this problem seriously! If you don't take it seriously you could end up like this guy Your good nose will keep you on the straight and narrow.

OverZealous (CT)

My General posts (click)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.