TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Cylinder head timing off with belt off
People Seeking Info

Subject Cylinder head timing off with belt off

Posted by Diplomat1 on August 20, 2015 at 2:04 AM
  This message has been viewed 354 times.

Message In the other thread I told u guys how I was having trouble wit my z and how it shut off and runs like crap made a knocking Noise. I found low compression on the driver side so I decided to see if the belt was off by one tooth. It wasn't. Then I read that some people have low compression on driver side head because of intake vvt sprocket. I decided to put the car in tdc take the belt off and take the sprocket to see if that's my problem. I took the belt off by screwing in the bolt on the tensioner. Problem happened when I tried to take the sprocket off. It would keep spinning so I decided to put the belt back on to maybe give it some tension but that didn't work and ended up putting my passenger side head way off timing. Every time I try to Spin the puller it would snap back way off timing both intake and exhaust. When I took the belt off it didn't do that. I also spun the intake pulley on the driver side with my 19mm socket when tryin to loosen but that didn't work it just spun and once it stopped I didn't want to give it too much pressure Could I have damaged the head by doin that? Here is a video of where my timing stands now.

[ http://youtu.be/PHbYx9IPcfo ]

Also any advice on how to take this intake pulley/sprocket off please let me know I want to get it off to see if it's my problem. Thanks

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.