TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Bad news update knocking noise plus low compression
People Seeking Info

Subject Bad news update knocking noise plus low compression

Posted by Diplomat1 on August 18, 2015 at 12:54 AM
  This message has been viewed 295 times.

In Reply To Re: Check and / or clean CAS connector. If all seems posted by Diplomat1 on August 17, 2015 at 06:20 PM

Message So I got the car running but still only for seconds at a time and the motor makes a big knocking noise and won't rev over 2k rpm. I have oil in the car and like I said the oil pressure gauge in the car reads good pressure. I have a harbor freight compression tester so it sounds like air leaks out of the fitting for the tester so I had someone crank the car while I help the tester. I followed a thread I found on this site on how to do a compression test ( unplugged fuel pump and cas and wide open throttle) here are the results ( since it doesn't hold pressure the reading are as close as possible to eat I saw)

1: 150-160psi
2: 150-160psi
3: 150-160psi
4: 70-90 psi
5: 150-160psi
6: 80-90 psi

I am going by this cylinder identification:

Back
5 6
3 4
1 2
Front

So now wit the knocking noise plus these 2 bad cylinder readings wat should be my next step? How can I tell If I damaged anything internally because it was knocking? This sucks and I'm pissed

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.