TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - ZSpeed shifter alignment update part 2.
People Seeking Info

Subject ZSpeed shifter alignment update part 2.

Posted by Tanley on August 16, 2015 at 12:18 PM
  This message has been viewed 274 times.

Message Link to the first alignment and original post:

http://www.twinturbo.net/nissan/300zx/forums/technical/view/1151787/ZSpeed-shifter-alignment-update.html

So after putting a few miles on the Z post adjustment for the second time, I was still getting some buzzing and now hard to get into all gears. I pulled the shifter cover and again the shifter was rubbing on the cover plate. At this point I went back to OEM because I was sick of taking apart everything to adjust the ZSpeed shifter.

After going back to OEM, gears are much smoother and shifting has improved. I'm not knocking the ZSpeed shifter, I think it is a great product and in the future may be the only replacement available if Nissan decides to discontinue the shifter cover plate that contains the rubber mount which is know to break on the Z.

My recommendation is this; if you decide to install the ZSpeed bracket make sure you take very accurate vertical and horizontal measurements before removing the OEM bracket, not just making a mark on the transmission tunnel and eyeballing it. You need to have the shifter in the EXACT location vertically and horizontally as the OEM bracket to insure smooth and proper engagement in each gear.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.