TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - SOLVED-FOR REAL! Idle issues during warmup and while driving
People Seeking Info

Subject SOLVED-FOR REAL! Idle issues during warmup and while driving

Posted by madkiwi on August 12, 2015 at 10:33 AM
  This message has been viewed 632 times.

Message OK, so remember 2 months ago I made this post where I claimed to have found the cause of my weird idle issues?

I was wrong. I should have tested more, because the actual cause was far more evil, sporadic and expensive.

The erratic idle returned. So I bit the bullet and ordered a brand new IACV ($311) and installed it. No improvement.

I honestly was at my wits end at this point. Then I remembered something about the STUPID throttle position sensor/switch.You know, if the TPS can't simultaneously set the switch closed, and have the voltage between .4 and .5 V you will get high idle?

So I started up the car, with the laptop plugged in, and added the idle closed switch to the recording. Guess what? It is possible to test your TPS and have it be just fine, but when the car is running (engine vibrations) the switch cycles on and off without touching the throttle.

I reset the TPS, this time adjusting the bloody thing so that the idle switch engages and then going just a little further, and now all my idling problems have gone away. No longer do I pull up to a stoplight and wonder why my car is now idling at 1200 rpm, and the surging during warmup appears to be completely gone.

Anyone want to buy a perfectly good (used) IACV?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.